We’re getting closer and closer to the weather being full out cold! That means it’s time to pull out those must have layering pieces you’ve had packed up all summer. Layering is one of my favorite things to do. It allows you to let your creativity flow. Not only that, it’s a great way to avoid having to wear a super thick coat when you go out. There are a lot of must have layering pieces out there. But if you know which ones to get, they’ll take you further than some of the others. Today I took the liberty of listing my top 5 must have layering pieces for fall.
- Skinny Jeans – This one is a no brainer. I remember when people kept saying that skinny jeans would go out of style eventually. No they won’t, they’re way too convenient to throw on! They’re also VERY versatile. You can wear them with flats, tall flat boots, tall heeled boots, loafers OR sneakers. You can even dress them up or down in an endless number of ways. This item is DEFINITELY a must have for any wardrobe!
- Crew Neck Pullover – Pullovers are essential for layering. Why? Because they can be worn alone with nothing underneath them, or you can add a layer like an oxford or blouse. Like skinny jeans, pullovers can also be dressed up or down. Want a preppy look? Layer your pullover with an oxford, then add skinny jeans and loafers. Want a more sophisticated look? Try layering your pullover with a pussy bow blouse, then add your favorite pleated skirt with heels.
- Henley Top – The Henley is one of the softest tops you’ll ever put on. They’re a must have because of how versatile they are. You can wear them at home, to run errands or even for a night on the town. As with any layering piece, the key is to layer them according to the occasion. Thin henleys are also perfect for layering under a chunky sweater when it gets really cold out.
- Chambray Button-Down – I LOVE chambray shirts! I have a couple of them in my closet and never get tired of wearing them. They can easily be worn with long cardigan sweaters, layered under a chunky sweater or all by themselves.
- Knit Sweater Dress – This layering item can double as a dress AND a top! You can even add another layer like a long cardigan if you wanted to! When worn as a dress, they look great with tights and tall boots!
Today, I’m wearing the Out From Under Woven Henley Top from Urban Outfitters. Comfortable doesn’t begin to describe this top! It’s so soft I didn’t want to take it off! I added my plaid button-down shirt as a layer around my waist, and added my skinny jeans. I topped off the outfit with my Timberlands!
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Maliyah Mayfield
There you have it! Cold weather is not fun, but dressing for it definitely is! SHOP my look now by using the links below!
What are some of your must have layering pieces?
Until next time…