*This post highlights 5 ways to stay active during the holidays and features items from 90 Degree by Reflex that were gifted to me for a product review
I can’t believe how fast the holidays are approaching! In just a few weeks, we’ll be seated at the dinner table digging into Thanksgiving dinner. Before you do that though, please consider the repercussions your waistline will suffer. Staying active during the holidays isn’t hard, it just takes a little bit of imagination. Well that, and a really good activewear wardrobe. I recently discovered 90 Degree by Reflex, a brand that specializes in stylish, comfortable activewear that’s all about performance. There’s something to be said about stylish activewear. I don’t know about you, but when I feel like I look great in what I’m wearing, that motivates me to stay active. Working out and eating healthy really are the best ways to feel good about your body.
Today, I’d like to present you with 5 ways to stay active during the holidays. Before I get into that, let’s talk about this cute outfit I have on! 90 Degree by Reflex is a brand that prides itself on being both stylish AND affordable. One of the problems I often run into with activewear is finding something I can wear anywhere. After all, it’s called activewear for more than just working out. I like pieces that I can wear to run errands as well as to the gym. The Mesh Track Capris I’m wearing today feel SO good on and can pair well with pretty much any activewear top. I wore mine with the Intergalactic Fleece Backed Zip-up in Coral. The pop of color is great for fall! Clothing like this makes you want to get out there and get active, doesn’t it? With that said, let’s get into 5 ways to stay active during the holidays:
- Avoid Shopping Online – This one simple. When you shop online, you’re not mobile. One great way to stay active during the holidays is to make a commitment to get out to do your holiday shopping. Try making it fun by wearing a Fitbit or any other type of pedometer that will track your steps.
- Participate in a Holiday Themed Run – I’m not a runner, but I do enjoy walking. Themed run/walks can be so much fun! Finding one should be easy since they’ve become so popular. Get your friends and family together and make it a big deal!
- Create a Holiday Fit Challenge for the Family – As someone who is constantly looking for creative ways to stay motivated and active, this is my favorite. Working out doesn’t have to be a drag if you vow to make it fun. Creating a family fit challenge not only brings the family together, but it also encourages a healthy lifestyle.
- Do Some Yardwork – It’s the one chore you’ve probably been putting off all spring and summer. Now that fall is here, I’m sure those of you with houses have leaves that need to be raked. Doing yardwork is good for your upper body and lower body. It’s even a fantastic cardio workout!
- Clean Your House – Lifting, pulling, bending and wiping are all ways to get a good workout. They’re also things you have to do when you clean your house. You’d be surprised how much you can accomplish in your house as well as with your body by doing this simple task.
Now here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Maliyah Mayfield
What are your 5 ways to stay active during the holidays?
*All opinions in this post are 100% my own
Until next time…