The holiday season is here and that means it’s time to get festive! I’ll be sharing some holiday style tips later in the post but first, a thank you is in order. It’s been such an exciting year working with Burlington and the Burlington Style Squad™. It’s an honor to be among such a talented and stylish group of ladies. I’d like to send a huge thanks to Burlington for such a wonderful and rare opportunity. Burlington’s amazing everyday low prices have ensured that I go into the holiday season with a bang! So today, I’m showing off my holiday style. In addition to that, I’ll be helping you find the perfect gift for your favorite hostess!
When it comes to holiday style, I tend to stray from what’s normal. That’s not always the case though. There are times when I like to be more traditional. It goes without saying that the color red is the most popular choice for the holidays. I don’t think it’s cliché at all to wear that color. The rules tend to be different during this time of year. Finding a holiday dress that will be a knockout is not hard to do. There are a few things you should keep in mind before shopping though.
Here are some of my holiday style tips:
- Know Your Audience – What type of party are you attending? The party you’re attending is important. You’ll need to make decisions on what type of dress to wear based on the party you’re going to. You wouldn’t want to wear a skin tight bodycon dress to an office party, would you?
- Wear White If You Want To – The days of not wearing white after Labor Day are long gone. The color white is a beautiful choice for a holiday party.
- Say Yes To Capes – Capes have been one of my favorites this season. They’re lightweight, but warm enough to protect you from the cold. They also look stunning with cocktail and evening dresses.
- Add Statement Pieces to Plain Dresses – Not everyone wants to wear a dress with bling. If bling on your dress is not your thing, add some statement pieces for a bit more flair!
- Wear A Red Lip – Nothing beats the pop of a red lip, especially during the holidays!
I’m following my own holiday style tips today. I decided to add a little more bling to my holiday dress for a bit more pizzazz! My dress and shoes are from Burlington. Both pieces cost under $50.
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Richard Glass
Now that we’ve found a dress for the party, it’s time to find the perfect gift! Today I’m focusing on gifts for my favorite hostess. When I think of someone who loves to host, I think of a person who enjoys serving people. Great hosts are also people who take pride in decorating their homes for special occasions like the holidays. Burlington’s Gift Shop has fabulous gifts for your favorite hostess. I found three amazing gifts for under $25.
Here they are:
Shopping at Burlington makes holiday shopping a breeze! Don’t forget that you can get a look similar to mine, and all of those fabulous gifts at your local Burlington store!
What are some of your holiday style tips?
Until next time!
Burlington Stores sponsored this blog post. The opinions and text are all mine.