If you’re reading this post on the day I publish it, which would be Friday, April 10th, then I’m having a blast on my first day at Coachella. I can’t wait to get back and report everything I did! Although I’m more excited to hear the music, I also can’t wait to see what everyone wears. Since Coachella is all about eclectic Bohemian style, I’m sure I won’t be seeing any gingham at the festival grounds. Gingham is a hot trend this spring. This fun, checked cotton fabric was seen on the runways of designers like Diane Von Furstenberg, Altuzarra and Oscar de la Renta last September. What I love about gingham is that it’s super easy to wear. If you’d like to wear the gingham trend this spring, then here are a couple of my favorite combos:
- A loose fitting gingham midi skirt and solid colored top, paired with ankle-strap heels
- A cropped gingham top with a pair of white skinny jeans and thong sandals
- A free flowing gingham dress with a cute pair of flats
- Fitted, cropped gingham trousers with a crisp, white button down shirt and mesh loafers
- Loose fitting gingham shorts with a sleeveless tank and a fun pair of sneakers
If you’re in the mood to take some risks this spring, then go for a matching gingham top and bottom!
After seeing the runway report last fall, I knew I’d want to wear gingham this spring so I planned ahead. I bought a few pieces that I’m sure will surface on the blog soon. 🙂 As for today, it’s all about chic, casual comfort. My nephew and I went down to Krog Street Market to do our shoot for this outfit and we had so much fun! My gingham button down shirt and white skinny jeans were the perfect pairing for this new Hipster hangout in Atlanta!
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Richard Glass
How fun is this outfit?! If you live in Atlanta and haven’t visited Krog Street Market yet, then get on over there! It’s such a cool place!
So how will you wear the gingham trend this spring?
Until next time…