*This post highlights winter layering essentials, featuring items from J. Jill that were gifted to me for a product review
Ready. Set. Go! Layering season has begun! I may not like cold weather but I have to admit, I do LOVE the fashion of the season. There’s no end to the variety of looks you can achieve during the Fall/Winter months. As we all prepare for what lies ahead, I’d like to share some of my favorite winter layering essentials. The great thing about my list is that it consists of items you’re almost guaranteed to have in your closet already!
Here are my Top 5 favorites:
- Skinny Jeans. This one should be a no brainer. Skinny Jeans can be dressed up or down and look amazing when tucked into your favorite pair of tall boots.
- Cashmere Pullover. I don’t know about you, but I have island blood pulsing through my veins. It’s not usually easy for me to stay warm, unless I’m wearing a cashmere sweater. They go well with just about anything and can be layered with collared shirts or tanks for even more warmth.
- Chunky Knit Scarf. It goes without saying that chunky knit scarves are winter layering essentials. They don’t just keep you warm. These days they’re even worn in place of a necklace!
- A Bright Color Coat. Who says your winter wardrobe should be full of dark colors? Not me! It never hurts to have a bright pop of color to add to your outfit.
- Knee Boots. These are one of the ultimate winter layering essentials. Knee boots can be worn with skirts, pants AND dresses. If you have a great pair, you’ll get more leverage out of them during the winter than any other pair of shoes in your closet!
Once again, I’ve turned to J. Jill for my winter must have pieces. The Luxe Wool & Cashmere Pullover from their December 2016 Collection is SO soft! I love the fact that I can easily wear it with jeans (as I have today) or trousers. Another layering essential on my list that came from J. Jill is the Plaid Boucle Scarf. Warm doesn’t even begin to describe this scarf! The colors are right on time for the holiday season! To finish off my outfit, I’m proud to be featuring jewelry made by my photographer Maliyah Mayfield!
In addition to taking amazing photos and attending college at SCAD (Savannah College of Art & Design), Maliyah is also handcrafting her first line of jewelry. Clean, modern pieces with a Bohemian twist is a great way to describe Maliyah’s jewelry. You know that’s right up my alley! I’ve loved every piece I’ve seen from her so far and I can’t wait to be one of her biggest supporters.
Check out Maliyah’s Instagram page at www.instagram.com/shop.maliyarae/.
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Maliyah Mayfield
This outfit will definitely be going on my list of favorite winter outfits!
What are some of your winter layering essentials?
*All opinions in this post are 100% my own
Until next time…