I was at lunch with my coworker yesterday and we were talking about all the crazy outfits and hairstyles we used to wear. He said he used to have a “High Left/Low Right”. LOL! For those of you who know what that is…I know you’re laughing. For those of you who don’t, Google it. 🙂 Those were the days! It really is true what they say about fashion being one big circle…”What goes around, comes around”.
But what about the styles that should NEVER make it back around? And believe me, there are some out there. For today’s article, I came up with 5 items of clothing that should never again see the light of day.
Here they are in no specific order:
1. Biker Shorts – These were worn by both males and females and were particularly popular among the “physically fit” crowd. They were awful! I’m a fan of body conscious clothing but these things were over the top!
2. Fanny Packs – Fanny packs were (and unfortunately still are) mostly worn by tourists, the elderly and people going to places where they would be doing a lot of walking. Guys, please don’t ever wear one of these things. I’ve seen recent pictures of Rihanna wearing a Gucci fanny pack and although I LOVE her style, this is a NO NO. I don’t care what the label is…PLEASE don’t wear these.
3. MC Hammer Pants – OMG! I don’t even think this one needs an explanation. For the time they were popular, I get it. MC Hammer was an amazing and energetic dancer who obviously needed LOTS of room to move around because the pants he wore went WAY beyond normal. I’ve seen recent runway styles that include these pants and I literally had to shake my head. Bury these pants if you own a pair, I implore you.
4. Head Sweatbands – I used to be a huge fan of Olivia Newton John’s song “Let’s Get Physical” and equally as big a fan of the video. That song really made me want to work out and it was quite popular in gyms around the country during that time. But why would you want to walk around all day looking like you just came from a workout? Please don’t wear these out in public.
And last but not least….
5. Parachute Pants – Whenever you’re walking down the street and the pants you’re wearing make a louder sound that the sound of your shoes against the pavement, you should think twice about wearing those pants ever again. LOL! I have to say, these weren’t even a fad with me…I just never caught onto the craze.
It’s great to think back and re-live the good ole days when it comes to these styles and how we wore them then. But not everything should come back…I’m just sayin.
Until next time!