*This post highlights 5 fun and easy ways to dress up jeans and features an item from AMIClubwear that was gifted to me for a product review
The weekend is here and I’m excited! I have some fun things in store! What do you have planned? More importantly, what are you planning to wear? LOL! When I think of the weekend, denim immediately comes to my mind. That probably happens with most of us, right? They’re comfortable and casual which are two things that define what weekends should be. They’re also quite versatile. What a lot of us don’t realize is that there are SO many fun and easy ways to dress up jeans.
Here are 5 of my favorites:
- Wear Statement Shoes – You’d be surprised how a change this simple can make such a big difference. They don’t have to be heels either. Statement flats work just as well! My advice would be to wear skinny jeans since they will show the shoes better.
- Wear a Lace Top – Not many things are more feminine than lace. Wearing a lace top with a pair of jeans is a great way to step up your look. Add a pair of heels and feminine accessories to make it even dressier.
- Add a Blazer – I’m a HUGE fan of a nice blazer. If you want a more dignified or preppy look, then this is the way to go.
- Accessorize with Bling – Nothing says dressy like gorgeous statement jewelry. Statement necklaces and earrings are such a fun way to dress up your jeans!
- Layer, Layer, Layer – I’ve said this so many times, but layering is my all time favorite thing to do. It’s also a way to look less casual when wearing jeans. Try layering a button-down shirt with a long cardigan for a sophisticated look.
Today I’m wearing a pair of Dark Blue Distressed Skinny Jeans from AMIClubwear. The dark indigo color of the jeans make them perfect for fall. I topped them off with a simple patterned pullover from The Limted. Although the main color of the sweater is navy blue, I chose to pop the yellow color. When I saw this sweater I immediately knew that my statement mustard heels would look fabulous with it!
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Maliyah Mayfield
What are some of your fun and easy ways to dress jeans?
*All opinions in this post are 100% my own
Until next time…