I’d like to start today’s post by giving my condolences to my sister-in-law Yvonne during her time of grief. Her mother lost her final bout with cancer after beating it 2 times before. My heart goes out to her and the rest of her family during this difficult time. After losing my father this year, I know exactly what she’s going through and it’s the hardest thing in the world to deal with.
One of my new must haves this season is the sweater dress. It’s funny that I’m so in love with them lately because they’ve been around for years and I’ve never owned one. When it comes to how to style a sweater dress, there are lots of different ways to go about it. Today, I’d like to share 5 of my tips on how to style a sweater dress:
- Wear the Dress As Is – Sometimes the best way to style a sweater dress is to just wear the dress as is. Sweater dresses can look just as chic with minimal styling.
- Add Tights and Tall Boots – I think this may be one of my favorite ways to style a sweater dress. Tall boots are all the rage this season (heeled or flat) and adding tights will keep your legs warm during the colder months. You can even wear a slouchy coat with a floppy fedora for a more trendy look!
- Create Some Shape with a Belt – If you’re a full figured girl, this one’s great for you! Adding a belt to a sweater dress will help to cinch the waist and create some shape.
- Try Layering with a Blazer – If you’re looking to create a great look for the office, adding a blazer will make your sweater dress look professional AND chic!
- Wear Your Sweater Dress as a Top – If you’re looking for more ways to shop your closet, wearing a sweater dress as a top is a great way to add versatility. Simply pair the dress with your favorite slim jeans and ankle booties and voila! You’ve got a great new sweater!
As I mentioned before, my favorite way to wear a sweater dress is with tights and tall boots. I found the dress I’m wearing today at Marshall’s but THIS DRESS from Banana Republic is a great comp! I really love how this look turned out!
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Richard Glass
No matter which way you wear your sweater dress, they are definitely a fall/winter must have because they’re such versatile pieces!
I hope you enjoyed my 5 tips on how to style a sweater dress!
How do you style your sweater dresses?
Until next time…