The weather has been SO beautiful in Atlanta lately. I hope that wherever you are it’s just as nice. Incredible weather calls for an incredible (and sexy) wardrobe. If I had to call out one spring/summer item that every girl must have in her closet, it would be a slip dress. They’re super light, easy to throw on and amazingly comfortable. I also find it crazy how one of the simplest pieces of clothing can also be one of the sexiest. The real reason why it’s so vital to have one of these pieces in your wardrobe is because of how versatile they are. When it comes to knowing how to style a slip dress, there are SO many ways if you’re willing to experiment. Today, I’m going to tell you about 5 chic ways to style a slip dress that are fabulous!
Here they are:
- Wear the dress as is – The great thing about slip dresses is that they can easily be worn with flats or heels and still look great. Wearing the dress as is works very well in warm temperatures, not to mention the fact that it’s incredibly sexy.
- Layer it with a shirt – If you’d like to achieve a Sporty Chic look, try layering your slip dress with a cute oversized graphic tee and pair of your favorite sneakers.
- Tie a shirt around your waist – Give your slip dress a grungy look by tying a shirt around the waist and pairing it with combat boots.
- Wear it with a long, open cardigan – This is great for “in between” weather when transitioning from winter to spring.
- Wear it with an oversized blazer – The men’s wear trend is huge these days so this is cool way to wear the trend while still looking feminine.
There you have it! Until I did my research, I never really knew how to style a slip dress aside from wearing it as is. That’s why it’s funny that I decided to wear mine that way for today’s post…no imagination whatsoever. LOL! You can find my V-Neck Asymmetrical Silk Dress from Haute Hippie at Nordstrom Rack. Unfortunately, they only have an ‘XS’ left.
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Richard Glass
I hope you found my tips on how to style a slip dress helpful!
How do you style your slip dress?
Until next time…