When it comes to what to wear this spring, I have to say that one of the things I’ll be rocking are Shorts Suits! I had been dying to get my hands on one that I liked for the longest time. After combing the internet (literally for months) I finally lucked up on one in Primark during my last trip to London. What I’m loving the most about the shorts suit I’m wearing today, is that it’s Seersucker. Seersucker fabric is perfect for spring and summer because it’s made from a very light weight cotton. This fabric is also considered a mainstay of the summer wardrobe in the South as well, which is another reason I love it so much!
If you’re planning on wearing a shorts suit this spring, you may want to keep a few things in mind:
- First – You should definitely go for a shorts suit that matches, although that’s not a requirement. I like to think of a shorts suit the same way I would a pants suit.
- Second – Tailored looks are best. Again, just like a pants suit, you want your shorts suit to have a great, tailored look.
- Third – Don’t be afraid to wear bright colors. It’s spring after all and bright colors are not only attention grabbers, but they are SO in this season!
- Fourth – Have fun with prints! Just don’t get too crazy
- Fifth – Add some bling! You should know by now how much I love statement pieces and nothing says “Hello, I’m Fabulous” like a gorgeous statement piece!
Here’s my look:
*Photos taken by Richard Glass
It’s true what they say about seersucker fabric. Last Sunday was pretty warm and I felt quite cool wearing it the entire time I was standing directly in the sun. I’m not sure if I would buy a lot of things in seersucker, but I do know this…I’ll certainly be on the lookout for another shorts suit in the very near future!
So, when it comes to what to wear…what will you be wearing?
Until next time!