It’s a new year, and you know what that means…time to start planning ahead and thinking about what you’d like to accomplish in 2013. For me, it’s all about setting reasonable goals for myself and giving myself a timeframe within the year to achieve those goals. I don’t really like calling my goals resolutions. To me, a goal is something I have to put forth some effort into achieving, which I can then hold myself accountable to. Who doesn’t like achieving goals they set for themselves?
For today’s post, I thought I’d share 5 of my goals for 2013. Here they are:
1. Spend more time with family…particularly my dad – Those of you that know me, know that my father is one of the most important and special people in my life. He suffers from a horrible disease called Dementia and in the past year, it has steadily gotten worse. My first and most important goal for this year is to spend much more time with him and the rest of my family.
2. Begin to eliminate fried foods from my diet – I like to think that I generally eat well, but I have to admit, fried foods and sweets are a big weakness of mine. I used the word “BEGIN” for a reason. I want to make sure that the goals I set for myself are reasonable. Quitting cold turkey is just not something I can seriously commit to doing.
3. Practice more Yoga and Pilates – I absolutely love Yoga and Pilates. I enjoy these forms of exercise more than anything else out there. My plan is to continue doing what I started last year, but be more consistent with both.
4. Read more – I used to read so many books and I have to admit, since I started this blog I’ve fallen off. I recently discovered that if I write all of my posts for the week on the weekend, I free up some time to read more during the week.
5. Expand the blog – This one will be top secret for now. Just know that in 2013, I have some exciting things planned! 🙂
Until next time!